Alfasud Expertise Required

Jube

Alfasud Expertise Required

Post by Jube »

Hi All,
A few questions which I'm hoping you clever guys can help answer please:

1) Would an Alfasud S1 Ti 3 piece rear spoiler fit an S3 3 door car without too much modification or ill fitting around the rear light area?

2) How easy is an S3 Ti Body kit to fit on an S3 non Ti 3 Door car (What drilling/bonding is required) please?

3) How hard are S1 Ti 3 piece rear spoilers and S3 Ti Full Body kits to acquire? (I've sent an email to Bob at Alfa Panels to see if he can supply Fibreglass versions)

Many thanks in anticipation.

alfasuddriver

Re: Alfasud Expertise Required

Post by alfasuddriver »

1) Personally I wouldn't do that as the as the rears of the s3 and s1 are different I.e hatched and booted

2)I'm doing that at the moment...the hardest part is finding front spoiler brackets and then welding them to the front valance. I use self tapering screws to fix the rest.

3)I have a set or see John at Justsuds.

Are you converting an sc to a Ti?

Jube

Post by Jube »

Thanks very much for the prompt reply.

I've sent you a private message - hope you don't mind.

Woohoo, Just noticed that this is my 50th post - I don't usually partake in so many threads on the other forums that I use! :D

PETROLHEAD

Post by PETROLHEAD »

Hello mate,

Happy 50th! :P

As to q1, bob does a fiberglass version of the 3 piece s1 spoiler that allows for the different width occupation of a hatchback tailgate rather than the boot lid.

Liam knows this part best, he developed it with Bob i believe.

It may not be perfected last i heard?

As for the rest, s3 ti bidy kits are around, i bet john has them in relatively plentiful stock. As for the fitting, i dont foresee any major drama personally. Particularly to another 3 door car.

Hope that helps J
SHREW

I AM the Law!

Alfasud 1.7-16v, Charade Turbo SR, & The Dirty Diesels - GT Cloverleaf, 159 Ti Sportwagon, Saab 9-3 Sportwagon

Jube

Post by Jube »

Thanks for the info Shrew, much appreciated.

Veesix75

Post by Veesix75 »

The s1 ti rear spoiler will fit over the rear of a s3, but you won't be able to open the hatch if you screw it all down as the side pieces overlap onto the hatch. You could join the 3 pieces together and fasten it to the hatch, but the side pieces will need to lift up with the hatch. I looked at the latter, but haven't got round to it yet (in fact haven't done anything on my Sud shell.....ashamed!)

Is it road or race Julian - if race then forget the plastic wheel arch kit, it's just unnecessary weight on the car (every kilo helps in a smaller engine/bhp car) and it looks a lot cleaner without it. Bob Wright does a series 1 front spoiler now I think, also courtesy of Liam's hard work so for looks you could get one of those.

Jube

Post by Jube »

Thanks for the reply Tim.

I'm currently thinking that joining the 3 Ti Spoiler pieces together and fastening the side pieces on with rivnuts is probably the easiest solution.

I've managed to find an excellent old thread on the subject from Liam, were he's done a fantastic job in modifying an S1 Ti Spoiler to fit his S3 (so that the hatch still opens freely).

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=206

Looks like a reasonable amount of fabrication is required though.