Exhaust overrun pops n bangs....

NEG

Post by NEG »

....my Sprint used to do it but I noticed yesterday, what a great day for a drive, that it doesn't any more...and I miss it!

Not sure if this has coincided with the fitment of NGK plugs (v.doubtful) or my recent carb 'refub' activities (much more likely)....any ideas guys?

STEVE5M

Re: Exhaust overrun pops n bangs....

Post by STEVE5M »

The Sprint had been fairly quiet on this score since I got it. I had the carbs tweaked last week and it is now popping and banging like a good'un! The plugs and leads will be changed soon so I will have to see what happens.

Good luck with yours. Sorry I can't be more helpful. Good luck with your Sprint.

Also, How is the GTV6? Got any pics?

Steve
Had: 1974 Alfasud 5M, 1989 Alfasud Sprint 1.5QV,
Got: 1986 Alfetta GTV6
Want: Alfasud 5M, S1 Alfasud1.2 or 1.3Ti

Alfasud1978

Post by Alfasud1978 »

If advance timing is correct then check idle mixture. With a rich mixture you get less pops n bangs in comparison with a lean one. That is with a single choke 1978 1.3 Super.

NEG

Re: Exhaust overrun pops n bangs....

Post by NEG »

Cheers for the replies, mines twin Delorto, pretty sure the idle mixture is set ok but will revisit it.....too embarrassed to post pics of the GTV6...she's living under a pile of cardboard boxes and other junk including a top box :oops: Will dig her out later in the year, well that's the plan and start work on getting her back on the road ...